Friday, July 3, 2009

Just One Kiss


One kiss is all I want

To take away my tears

And to give me a healthy smile

One kiss is all I want

To give me hope

And take on life as it comes

One kiss is all I want

To show you I love you

And be there for eternity

(A poetry written by GAry R. Hess)

The wind blew the leaves remaining the sounds like a man whispering. Whispering a story about love and affection, about sadness and broken heart. Moon brightly reflected itself on the ripples of the sea remaining its lighted shadow. The moon’s light watered the sandy beach with its bright golden light making the night more romantic. Under the dark sky with twinkle stars, a dating couple were sitting on the sandy beach, having a date, but said nothing. Each of them busied enjoying the night, still said nothing. He stroked her hair gently, as if he wanted to say, “I love you”. She lay her head on his shoulder as she did not want to let him leave her. For her, he was as a comfortable place where she depended on, where she took shelter, and had a rest after a long tiring journey. That is why she would never want to leave. For her, He was a man who could protect and spoil her with too much love.

She stared at him. He is not handsome, she thought, making her anxious to ask why she loved him, and did not find the answer. He was not handsome. Once again, she said to herself. He was quite tall, has white skin, and some acnes on his face. He was a boring man, not much talking, and....nothing interesting from him. But...he was kind-hearted. That makes him different. She nodded as she agreed to her own thought. And, smile alone. She held his hand, looked for the last warmth in those hands which would leave her alone, and would remain some coldness. It was the last time she met her after her graduation. They were already adult, and had to choose their own dreams. That is why they had to be apart.

******

Emily woke up when hearing the phone rang. It must be Mike. She thought. She got up and took the phone reluctantly.

“Hello....” Emily said while yawning.

“Hi, dear. My boss sees my hard work. Now, I was promoted to be executive manager. It is great, isn’t it?”

“Oh, no” she said unconsciously.

“Why?” Mike said.

“Nothing” she said as if nothing happened.

“Please be honest!” Mike a little bit angry when hearing her responses.

“I don’t like you’re promoted. You would be so busy later. You know, we have talked about this several times. Do you think our relationship is not important?”

“Don’t be selfish. That’s my dream and you have to support it,” he said angrily.

“.............” Emily was silent.

“I never forbidden you to reach your dream, so do you,” he added.

Emily was so angry. It is the first time, her boyfriend angry with her. And, she would never let him do it again. She was confused. The situation would be more difficult if he was promoted. There would be no time again for her. Moreover, she did not want it happened. Distance may make them apart, but she did not want if the time also make him further.

******

For several days, Emily was so afraid. Mike had not called her. She take her mobile phone and sent a message for him.

“Dear, where are you?”

She waited for several time. But there was no reply. She tried to be patient. She took her mobile phone and tried to call him. No answer. Where is he? She asked to herself. He may not be like that. She thought again.

May be he still attended a meeting with his boss. No, may be he is still angry with me. Or, may be he don’t want to quarrel with me so he don’t reply my message. Or...may be.....

Many possibilities came to her mind. But, it just made her more depressed. She can do nothing. The phone rang waking her up from her own imagination. She quickly took the phone, hope that it was her boyfriend.

“Hello”

“............” No answer.

“Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you,” said a girl who called her.

“Oh, my God! I almost forget today is my birthday”

“You are the first one who says happy birthday to me” she added.

“What about Mike?”

“He does not call me yet. May be this afternoon” Emily said lightly.

“Yeah, I hope he does not forget your special day,” the girl said.

Emily took a deep breath and said, “Yeah, I hope so”

Along the day, Emily was so worried. She did not hope that Mike forgot her birthday. He had promised to back to his hometown and meet her. However, until this evening he did not call her yet. Emily was giving up. She was feeling sad. She never hoped he forgot her birthday. No one would never imagine someone she loved would forgot her special day. Emily had been tired to wait. Finally, she fell asleep.

When she woke up from his boring night, she looked at her mobile phone and saw many messages from her friends. But, all of them did not interest her. There was no messages from Mike, her beloved boyfriend. The day will run slowly without her boyfriend. The bell rang. Lazily, she opened the door and surprisingly found a big present covered by pink paper and roses on it. She opened the gift, and was disappointed, not because the present but because the giver was not here. She quickly dialled someone’s phone number and,

“Hello?” she said.

“Hi, dear. Happy birthday to you” Mike said.

“I don’t need your present”

“You must be kidding. I bought it special to you, and it is not cheap”

“No, I don’t need your present; I need you, not your luxurious present” She said.

“The present is useless without you. Now, you do not have enough time for me. I know you are very busy. But please try to call me or send a message. It won’t spend much time. I hesitate you still love me or not. It does not fair if you sacrificed me just for your career,” she added with anger.

“But, my job is also important. I cannot live without my job.”

“But, please try to manage your time....” she tried to be patient.

“It is not about time, but about you who are too selfish and spoiled”

“Well, now, up to you. Just do what you want! She said angrily.

“What I want??? The problem is not on what I want but what you want! Your desire is so troublous” he said.

“You do not love me”

“I just love a girl who understands me” Mike replied.

“So, why do we still maintain this relationship? For what? Just for status?”

“I don’t know”

“So, you love me or not?” she asked passionately.

“I don’t know,” he said.

His last word made her aware that her relationship with him must be ended.

She sat on the bench near the slide, looked at the children playing at the park. She does not know a man approached her and sat beside her. It was Mike.

“Why do you come here?”

“I don’t know” the word again, she thought.

“So?”

“I just want to say that I still love you”

“I don’t care.”

“Up to you”

“What do you want me to do?”

“For what?” she asked

“To prove my love”

“Nothing”

He stood up and kissed her forehead. She stood up, looked at him, and leaved him. That is enough for her.

One kiss is all I want

Not to take away my tears

And not to give me a healthy smile

One kiss is all I want

Not to give me hope

And not to take on life as it comes

One kiss is all I want

To show how much you love me

No comments:

Post a Comment